Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 18

Day 18, July 4, 213.8

No loss.

Happy 4th of July!!! My grandfather is doing better, so there is a little less stress on my shoulders right now. I'm not really concerned that there was a zero loss for the day, I think the record has shown that things will average out.

I had the biggest challenges last night and today! A friend had a 4th of July cookout today and I made brownies. Not only did I make brownies, I made chocolate chunk brownies with candy centers...1/3 Snickers, 1/3 Milky Way, and 1/3 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! Everyone raved about them and I'm glad that they were enjoyed, but brownies are my absolute favorite dessert, so it was very hard not to have just one. The other challenge was Greek pasta salad. A friend made bow-tie pasta with feta, kalamata olives, tomato, cucumber, and italian seasoning. Pasta salads are another weakness of mine, I make them frequently and they are a staple at all of our family gatherings.

Getting through today was just a little proof that I am capable of controlling what I put into my body. Speaking of which, cottage cheese, strawberries, tomatoes, chicken breast with Mojo seasoning, and broccoli. If I'm hungry later, I'll have an apple.

I hope that everyone's 4th has been as enjoyable as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment